CORONAVIRUS Update in Towson
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact our community, we want to take a moment to connect with you directly to let you know we at Kalkstein Chiropractic, your chiropractors in Towson, are here for you and that our office hours are proceeding as scheduled.
We have always taken pride in our clean and well-run office, and we know that cleanliness is more important than ever right now. We're taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take.
We are cleaning our office continuously throughout each day, focusing especially on high-touch and highly trafficked surfaces like door handles, checkout counters, treatment tables, rehab and exercise area/equipment, and treatment tools. We will also continue to stock alcohol-based hand sanitizers for use by employees and patients throughout the day.
As more information becomes available to us and our community regarding the current public health challenge, we continue to adjust our office policies to insure the safety of our patients and staff, and to comply with state and federal guidelines. To that end, we are implement the following changes:
- All patients are required to wear a mask or some type of facial covering.
- We are staggering patient appointments in order to keep office capacity to a minimum. Please be flexible when calling to schedule your treatment.
- During this global health crisis, we will no longer be accepting walk-in appointments. Please call to schedule your appointment.
- The office will now be going CASHLESS. Please plan to pay using a credit or debit card. If that is not possible, please ask about other payment options.
- We will observe "Physical Distancing" in the reception and exercise areas.
- We will continue to take appropriate steps to screen for at-risk patients including taking temperatures and health questionnaires.
- The front door will remain open to limit touching of the door handle
We are asking that if you or someone you have been in contact has traveled internationally, has visited a designated coronavirus "hotspot" within the last 14 days, or if you are exhibiting any of the below symptoms:
- Currently have a fever or have had a fever within the last 5 days.
- Currently experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or ears, body aches, joint pain, vomiting or diarrhea.
Please contact your primary care physician, urgent care center or local government hotline to report that you may need to be tested for Covid-19. Then please call our office to cancel or reschedule your appointments.
Additionally -If you have been diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19), Influenza (Flu type A or B) and have visited our office within the last 14 days please notify us immediately.
We want what's best for you, your family, and your health, and we're here to help in any way we can. We plan to maintain our office hours and your overall health is our top priority.
Yours in Health,